MindEd for Families – really helpful website with information on all kinds of mental health problems and queries for parents and families.
Family Lives – lots of useful information on parenting etc.
The Contented Child – useful resource – holding webinars and training for parents to manage emotional regulation in children and resources on ASD
For young people themselves:
The Mix – good information website for YP themselves under age of 25 for all kinds of worries and anxieties.
- 7.30am – 3.30am – Monday to Friday
- 9am – 3.30am – Saturday to Sunday
Kooth for young people aged 10 to 25 in Kent and Medway online mental health community and the opportunity to chat with a team member.
Text SHOUT to 85258 – Shout 85258 is a 24/7 free, confidential mental health text support service for anyone in the UK who is struggling to cope with a range of issues including anxiety, depression, suicidal thoughts, relationship problems, bullying or if you’re feeling overwhelmed. Shout is powered by Crisis Text Line and is available to support people in England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.
Moodspark– help and support for young people to support their wellbeing and resilience with links to other helpful supports.
Apps : Clear Fear app – help with anxiety and panic. Calm Harm app for help to manage self harm urges and alternative ways of soothing.
- ‘Help! I’ve Got An Alarm Bell Going Off In My Head!’ by K.L. Aspden
- ‘The Whole-Brain Child’ by Dr Daniel J. Siegel and Dr Tina Payne Bryson
- ‘The Strength Switch’ by Dr Lea Waters
- ‘What To Do When You Worry Too Much’ by Dawn Huebner
- ‘What To Do When Your Temper Flares’ by Dawn Huebner
- ‘The Survival Guide For Kids With Autism Spectrum Disorders’ by Elizabeth Verdick and Elizabeth Reeve M.D.
- ‘Aspergirls’ by Rudy Simone